Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 1 Part 1

So I am officially started on my new journey. This morning for breakfast I am enjoying a Cafe Latte shake and a glass of raspberry tea with 32 oz of water (have to get 100 oz in the day). I also have to take a multivitamin and a cell pill (cant remember the name off the top of my head and its in the kitchen). The Cafe Latte shake I am a little disappointed was hoping it would taste a little more like coffee but it is chocolatey in flavor so its not a huge disappointment. One thing that has decided to rear its ugly head is my gag reflex with taking pills. I have never, I repeat never, like swallowing pills and I have a very sensitive gag reflux. I mean like I dont even take anything for a headach ususally because I dont like swallowing pills. Now it hasnt bothered me in ages. I thinks its been about 5 years since I have gagged with a pill and of course today this morning trying to take my cell pill I got it swallowed and of coursed gagged on it. I really hate it and I knew the minute I put it in my mouth it was going to happen so I have yet to take my multivitamin. I am trying to wait to get my mouth and stomach in line so they work together and it is not such an ordeal. Another thing I will definitely have to buy and keep on hand is lemons. I love lemon in my water and I can do that so happy because it makes drinking water so much easier for me. This part the water part will be a big challenge as I do not drink hardly anything during the day. I mean like nothing. I started paying attention and one day I realized that from when I woke up at 730 that morning I did not drink anything until like 230 that afternoon and than yesterday I woke up around 8-830 and didnt drink anything until 130. However I am doing better today. I have never been so excited about anything like this before either. I have the support of first my family (husband, roommate(yes she is family), and inlaws, I havent really told my parents yet living in two different states and different schedules sometimes makes it hard to talk) and a great health coach Claire who I can call and ask questions anytime. It also helps that my roommate is doing the samething and we are learning together. This program is also one that they really work with you and will eventually be able to help you do to even maintain the work you have done the rest of your life.

I wanted to explain my title in this blog. I have always felt like my weight has held me back from a lot of stuff in life. Things that at 25 I shouldnt have to worry about like flying (I have done it before but the last time I flew I knew I had to lose the weight as it was uncomfortable to sit in those chairs and looks I got), going to amusement parks and riding rides (theres always that fear that I wouldnt fit and I would be embarassed and have to be turned away), and also buying clothes having to spend so much more money on clothes to just fit or finding clothes that fit is sometimes really hard, not to mention the lack of energy at times and the now more frequent back pain from the constant of carrying this weight around all the time, and the more serious health risks I am at because I am overweight. So losing this weight (which is myself) that has been my constant companion in life will really be a big thing as I have never known myself as a thin healthy version of myself will really be losing the self I have known my whole life, but I will also be finding my life and everything I have missed out on because of this weight issue. That is why I am excited and That is something to be happy about.


So here are my starting measurements and starting pictures.

Measurements 9/24/2011

Upper Chest: 57 in.
Chest:            69 in
R. Arm:         17 in
L. Arm:         17 in
Waist:           68 in
Hips:             71 in
R Thigh:       28 in
L Thigh:       28 in



1 comment:

Wilma said...

Sounds like you've got a good handle on what needs to be done. Make sure you stay hydrated. That's important any time since you live in such a humid area but when you're making changes like this it's doubly important.